VIP Upgrade T&Cs
VIP Upgrade T&Cs
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
MELBOURNE STARS UPGRADE TO VIP ACCESS PROMOTION
1. The following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") apply for the Melbourne Stars 'Upgrade to VIP Access' Promotion (the "Promotion").
2. The Entrant is any person who enters the Promotion in accordance with these terms and conditions (Entrant). Entrants under 18 years of age must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the Entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions.
3. Information on how to enter the Promotion and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
HOW TO ENTER
5. The Promotion commences at 9:00am AEDST on 16 October 2017 and closes at 11:59am AEDST on 26 January 2018 (Registration Period).
6. Entry into the promotion is automatic upon a person undertaking as follows:
a. The Entrant must purchase a ticket from Ticketek prior to any of the Melbourne Stars home games, with the relevant Melbourne Stars home games for BBL06 being as follows:
i. Melbourne Stars v Brisbane Heat on 2 January 2018 at 7:10pm
ii. Melbourne Stars v Melbourne Renegades on 6 January 2018 at 7:10pm
iii. Melbourne Stars v Sydney Sixers on 16 January 2018 at 7:40pm
iv. Melbourne Stars v Sydney Thunder on 20 January 2018 at 6:10pm
v. Melbourne Stars v Hobart Hurricanes on 27 January 2018 at 4:10pm
b. The Entrant must then go to the website: www.melbournestars.com.au/vip and enter the following information:
i. their personal details;
ii. details as to the relevant Melbourne Stars home game they are attending; and
iii. the ezyticket barcode number relating to their ticket for the relevant Melbourne Stars home game they are attending;
There are four different prize draws in relation to the Promotion. Accordingly, the Entrant must ensure that they purchase their ticket and then comply with the steps set out in clause 6(b) prior to 11:59pm the night before the relevant Melbourne Stars home game they are attending in order to be eligible for the prize draw related to the Melbourne Stars home game they are attending (i.e. an Entrant attending the Melbourne Stars home game v Melbourne Renegades would need to ensure they have purchased their general admission ticket to the game and complied with the steps set out in clause 6(b) prior to 11:59pm on 5 January 2018).
(the Registration Process)
7. The Promoter reserves the right to extend the Registration Period at its own discretion and subject to any relevant legislation.
8. Entries will be deemed accepted once the Registration Process is completed. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter holds no responsibility for incorrect or insufficient details provided by the Entrant. Should an Entrant's details change, it is the responsibility of the Entrant to provide these details to the Promoter.
9. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
10. Employees of Melbourne Stars and agencies associated with this competition, and their respective immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including but not limited to an entrant's identity and place of residence) and disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
12. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
13. Entrants are entitled to complete an entry in the Promotion for all four prize draws. Entrants must be residents of Victoria in order to be eligible to claim a prize.
14. There will be four prize draws, one prize relating to each of the Melbourne Stars home games set out at clause 6(a). Each prize winner will receive:
a. Two x upgraded VIP experiences which will entitle the winner and a friend with access to the Stars Lounge (including the provision of corporate hospitality) OR up to 9 x Gold seats – the prize is chosen by the winner.
b. The total value of each prize is $530 (including GST) or $450 (including GST). Accordingly, the total value for the prize pool for this promotion is $1,760 (including GST).
15. The Promoter will advise the winner about how and when they are to accept their prize (i.e. where to enter the Stars Lounge etc.). If for any reason the winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, the prize will be forfeited.
16. If a prize is unavailable, for any reason, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification and or an alternative fixture/date.
17. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable.
AWARD OF PRIZE
18. The promotion is a game of chance. One winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received. Each prize draw will take place at the Promoter's offices at 80 Jolimont Street, East Melbourne VIC 3002 at 9:00am (local time) on the day of the relevant Melbourne Stars Home Game.
19. The winner of the prize will then immediately be notified by telephone and by email using contact details registered on the entry form. The winner's name will also be published on the Promoter's website for a period of 28 days and social media.
20. The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is, subject to State and Territory legislation, final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. In the event that the winner is unable to be contacted, and all reasonable methods of communication are unsuccessful, unclaimed prizes will be distributed by an unclaimed prize draw conducted by the Promoter at 80 Jolimont Street, East Melbourne VIC 3002at 3:00pm (local time) on the day of the relevant Melbourne Stars home game (if necessary). The winner of any unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone and email immediately after the prize draw and their names will be published on the Promoter's website for a period of 28 days. The prizes offered by this Promotion remain the property of the Promoter until claimed by the respective prize winner.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's (and their officers and agents) name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products or materials manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
a. To disqualify any entrant; or
b. To modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (Non-‐Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-‐Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion or prizes; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
b. any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
c. any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
d. any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; e. any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
f. use of the prize.
25. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner may be required to sign legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
26. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and entry into the promotion is conditional on the provision of this information by an entrant. Information about an entrant may also be used by the Promoter and may be disclosed and used by third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and related companies for the purposes of carrying out promotional, marketing, planning, product development, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages, direct mail and telephoning the entrant, unless the entrant withdraws their consent to the use of their information in this manner. Entrants should direct any request to access, update, withdraw, correct information, or request not to receive information about future promotions or further correspondence by emailing the Promoter at email@example.com.
28. The Promoter is Melbourne Stars Limited ABN 48 152 852 278 located at 80 Jolimont Street, East Melbourne VIC 3002.