MELBOURNE STARS STARS SCHOOLS PROGRAM
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Promoter is Melbourne Stars Ltd (ABN 28 152 852 278) of 86 Jolimont Street, East Melbourne, Victoria 3002 (Telephone 1300 MELB STARS or 1300 6352 78277) (Promoter).
2. The following terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) apply for the Melbourne Stars "Stars School" Program (Program). By registering as a "Stars School" (Stars School), the Stars School warrants that they have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
3. The Promoter will run a series of promotions (Promotions), which together will constitute the Program. The Promotions will only be available to be entered by Stars Schools. Any eligible school who completes the Registration Process, detailed in clause 10, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions may become a Stars School.
4. Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions are void. Entries will be deemed void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
5. The details of all prize winners in the Program will be published on the Melbourne Stars website (www.melbournestars.com.au) for a period of no less than 28 days.
6. Further terms and conditions regarding the Promotions will be published when further details of the Program are finalised. This includes terms and conditions detailing how to enter, availability of prizes and relevant dates of the Promotions.
7. All Victorian schools are eligible to register as a Stars School.
8. The Promoter will not process any registration where the Registration Process is not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
9. Status as a Stars School is granted at the discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter has the right to accept or reject any registration at its sole and absolute discretion. The Promoter shall not be required or compelled to provide any reasons for rejection of any application to be registered as a Stars School.
10. In order to become a Stars School, a school is required to:
b. Registrants must select the ‘register now’ button to bring up the registration page;
c. To complete registration, registrants must enter the following details:
i. School Name
ii. School Contact Name
iii. School Contact Email
iv. School Contact Phone
v. School Postal Address
vi. Number of classes at school
vii. Primary or Secondary School
d. Completion of the registration form indicates you are willing to receive communication from Melbourne Stars about the Stars School program.
(together, the Registration Process).
PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
11. Registration as a Stars School is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Subject to any applicable laws, the Terms and Conditions may be updated by the Promoter at any time and no notice of the updated Terms and Conditions is required to be provided to the registered Stars Schools. The Promoter will update and publish further terms and conditions in relation to the Promotions as required from time to time.
12. Registration as a Stars School will be deemed accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected registrations or registrations which were not completed in accordance with the Registration Process.
13. Errors and omissions in registrations may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
14. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegal registrations or those which contain offensive or defamatory comments or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, will be deemed invalid.
15. Employees of the Melbourne Stars and agencies associated with the Program, and their respective immediate families, are ineligible to register as Stars Schools.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of a registration and disqualify any applicant who submits a registration that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the Registration Process.
17. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel any Stars School's registration as a Stars School who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotions. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
18. The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the Program and the Promotions is final and binding on all who enter the Promotions and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees (as defined below) or any other law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Promotions or prizes; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotions, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
b. any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
c. any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
d. any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
e. any tax liability incurred by a Stars School; or
f. use of the prize.
In these terms and conditions, 'Consumer Guarantees' means the consumer guarantees which apply to the supply of products or services under the Australian Consumer Law set out in Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as amended from time to time, or other similar legislation of a state or territory of Australia.
20. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information either caused by programming associated with or utilised in the Promotions, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of the Promotions including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alterations of entries.
21. Stars Schools acknowledge that by becoming a Stars School, they agree and consent to receiving information from the Promoter regarding the Program, the Promotions and other upcoming promotions.
22. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotions and entry into the Promotions is conditional on the provision of this information by a Stars School. Information about a Stars School may also be used by the Promoter and may be disclosed and used by third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and related companies for the purposes of carrying out promotional, marketing, planning, product development, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages, direct mail and telephoning the Stars School, unless the Stars School withdraws their consent to the use of their information in this manner. Stars Schools should direct any request to access, update, withdraw, correct information, or request not to receive information about future promotions or further correspondence by emailing the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org.