‘ROYAL MELBOURNE SHOW COMPETITION’
- The Promoter is Melbourne Stars Ltd (ABN 28 152 852 278) of Junction Oval, Lakeside Drive, St Kilda VIC 3182 (Telephone; 1300 MELB STARS or 1300 6352 78277) (the “Promoter”).
- The following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") apply for the Melbourne Stars ‘Royal Melbourne Show Competition' (the "Promotion").
- The Entrant is any person who enters the Promotion in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (Entrant).
- Information on how to enter the Promotion and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. By registering, the Entrant warrants that they have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Subject to any applicable laws, the Terms and Conditions may be updated by the Promoter at any time and no notice of the updated Terms and Conditions is required to be provided to Entrants.
- Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions are void. Entries will be deemed void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
HOW TO ENTER
- The Promotion commences at 3pm AEDST on 24 August and closes at 11:59pm AEDST on 10 September 2018 (Registration Period).
- To enter the competition an entrant must: (a) Go to https://cricketvictoria.wufoo.com/forms/melbourne-stars-royal-melbourne-show-competition/ and outline in 25 words or less why they want to win tickets to the Royal Melbourne Show along with completing their personal details (including their name, date of birth, email address) and submit their entry. (each, the Registration Process)
- The Entrant must ensure that the Registration Process is completed during the Registration Period.
- The Entrant must be 18 years or over as of 24 August, 2018.
- The Promoter reserves the right to extend the Registration Period in its absolute discretion subject to any relevant laws.
- Entries will be deemed accepted once the Registration Process is completed and at the Promoter’s absolute discretion. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter will be in no way responsible for incorrect or insufficient details provided by any Entrant. Should an Entrant's details change, it is the responsibility of the Entrant to provide these details to the Promoter.
- Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's absolute discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries or those that contain offensive or defamatory comments or that breach any law or infringe any third-party rights, including intellectual property rights, will be deemed invalid.
- Employees of the Promoter and agencies associated with this competition, and their respective immediate families, are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including but not limited to an Entrant's identity and place of residence) and disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process or whom it believes has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
- Each Entrant can only enter and win the Competition once.
- The prize winners (10 winners) will receive: a. Double general admission pass to the 2018 Royal Melbourne Show
- Each prize has a total value of $80. The total value of all prizes is $800.
- For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no other prizes.
- The Promoter will advise the winners about how and when they are to accept their prize. If for any reason the winners do not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, the prize will be forfeited.
- The prizes (or any used or unused portion thereof) are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Prize values are in Australian dollars exclusive of GST and are based on the recommended retail value of prize components at the time of printing.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of any prize.
- If a prize is unavailable, for any reason, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification and or an alternative date.
- To the extent permitted by law: (a) the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the suitability of the prizes; and (b) no compensation will be payable if, for any reason, a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
AWARD OF PRIZE
- The promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged according to its merits on the bases of creativity and originality as determined in the complete discretion of the Promoter. The Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. All Entrants will have an equal and random chance of being drawn. Ten winners will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received. The prize draw will take place at the Promoter's offices at CitiPower Centre, Lakeside Drive St Kilda VIC 3182 at 10am (local time) on 11 September 2018.
- The winners of the prizes will be notified by telephone and by email, within 2 business days of the draw, using contact details registered with their entry. The names of the winners will also be published on the Promoter's website within two weeks of the draw for a period of 28 days.
- The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is, subject to State and Territory legislation, final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event that the winner is unable to be contacted, and all reasonable methods of communication are unsuccessful, unclaimed prizes will be distributed by an unclaimed prize draw conducted by the Promoter at Lakeside Drive St Kilda VIC 3182 11:00am (local time) on 17 September 2018. The winner of any unclaimed prize draw will be notified in writing within 2 business days of the draw and published on the Promoter's website on 18 September 2018 for a period of 28 days. The prizes offered by this Promotion remain the property of the Promoter until claimed by the respective prize winner.
- The Promoter will keep records for three years after the completion of the Competition, which provide: a. an accurate financial accounting of the Competition and all entries; and b. an accurate reporting of the distribution of the prizes.
- It is a condition of accepting the prizes that the winners must comply with all the conditions of use of the prizes and prize supplier's requirements as well as all these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the Entrant's (and their officers and agents) name, likeness, image, voice and/or other attributes in the event they are a winner (including any photograph, film and/or audio, visual and/or audio-visual recording of the same) in any media, on any media platform and for an unlimited period without any remuneration being payable or owed to Entrants, where such use is for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome) or promoting any products or materials manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter (including but not limited to injury, death, vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism), the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: a. To disqualify any entrant; or b. To modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion or prizes; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); b. any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; c. any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected
(whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; d. any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; e. any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or f. use of the prize.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner may be required to sign legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information either caused by programming associated with or utilised in the Promotion, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alterations of entries.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and entry into the promotion is conditional on the provision of this information by an entrant. Information about an entrant may also be used by the Promoter and may be disclosed and used by third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and related companies for the purposes of carrying out promotional, marketing, planning, product development, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages, direct mail and telephoning the entrant, unless the entrant withdraws their consent to the use of their information in this manner. Entrants should direct any request to access, update, withdraw, correct information, or request not to receive information about future promotions or further correspondence by emailing the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org.