Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers
Saturday 23 January 2021
Start Time: 7:15pm AEDT
KEY TIMES (in AEDT)
6.00pm - Gates open
6:30pm - Bat Flip
7:15pm - Match starts
Innings Break: KFC Surprise and Delight prize
and Banoffee performance
TICKETS & STARS MEMBERSHIPS
REMEMBER: All tickets or Stars access memberships MUST be pre-purchased. There will be no opportunity to purchase tickets or memberships at the MCG on match day.
Tickets are selling fast! You can purchase tickets to the match here: http://strs.co/Jan23Tix
Or call: 12 28 49
We will post updates on Stars Twitter if ticket sales are exhausted.
When and how do I get my MCG tickets / Stars 2 & 4 Game access membership?
For 4 Game Stars Members
- You should receive an SMS with the link to your tickets approximately 4 days before each game.
- If you have not yet received your tickets to the MCG Scorchers clash on Sat 23 Jan 2021, please contact Ticketek directly and they'll help you out.
For 2 Game Stars Members
- You will not receive tickets to the 23 Jan Scorchers match. You will need to purchase tickets via Ticketek here.
If you are having issues accessing or downloading your member barcodes via Ticketek, or the Ticketek website is telling you to 'check back later', please try following the steps below. This appears to be due to a website caching issue.
- Clear browsing history of relevant platform on Mobile
- Copy and paste the ticket link into a browser on the Mobile
- Customer can then view the ticket(s) successfully
For individual match ticket holders (via Ticketek)
Your tickets would have been placed on hold when you purchased them within your Ticketek account. Ticketek will release this hold on your tickets approximately 4 days before each game. From 3-4 days out from the game, the SMS with the links to your tickets will then be live to download your Mobile Tickets to your smart phone to use to enter the ground.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE MCG
- NOTE: No cash accepted at the MCG. Make sure you pack your debit or credit card as the venue is now cashless.
- Pack your mask as it needs to be worn in congestion, specifically on public transport and through the security and entry process at your assigned entry gate.
- Download your mobile ticket and make sure your smart phone’s brightness is turned up to the highest setting. Your dark mode also needs to be switched off to ensure a fast entry process.
- If you’re attending in a group, please ensure you share your mobile tickets so each adult has their own mobile ticket on their smart device.
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell, exhibiting any of the known symptoms of COVID-19, been in an identified hot spot in the last two weeks, been instructed to self-isolate or been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
Visit the MCG page for more COVID-19 advice here
COVID-19 HEALTH ADVICE
Remember these simple steps at the match to ensure you are COVID-safe!
Please remember to wash or sanitise your hands regularly.
Know when it’s time to bow out
Feel unwell or have cold symptoms? Then please stay at home.
Protect the head
Please wear a fitted face mask when in congested areas like food & beverage outlets, toilets and entering and exiting the venue.
Stay at least a couple of cricket bat lengths apart
For good measure, please stay 1.5 metres from one another.
If you have been instructed to quarantine by DHHS, unfortunately you will not be permitted to be at the match.
If you’re planning to drive to the game, parking is available for $10 by EFTPOS only from these times at Yarra Park:
Gate 3: 3.00pm
Gate 5: 4.00pm
Gate 7: 2.30pm*
Gate 7 is open to passholders and disability permit holders only from one hour prior to the match due to the closure of Brunton Avenue, while Gate 6 parking will be closed.
There are two train stations near the MCG – Jolimont and Richmond.
If you are travelling to the MCG via the Hurstbridge or Mernda lines, get off at Jolimont station.
If you are travelling via the Lilydale/Belgrave, Alamein, Glen Waverley, Frankston, Dandenong, Pakenham, Cranbourne or Sandringham lines, you can get off at Richmond station.
The MCG is a short walk from either of these train stations.
There are 3 tram routes that will get you to the MCG.
- Route 75a (City – Vermont South)
- Route 48 (Docklands/City – North Balwyn)
- Route 70a (Docklands/City – Surrey Hills)
Each of these tram stops is a short walk to the ground.
The Route 246 (Elsternwick – Clifton Hill) stops along Punt Road, which a short walk from the ground.
Taxi ranks will be available after the match, otherwise the ground is a pleasant 15-minute walk from the city. If you wish to hail a taxi, there are three ranks located near the MCG:
- Pullman Hotel (corner of Clarendon Street and Wellington Parade)
- On Olympic Boulevard outside Rod Laver Arena
- Jolimont Terrace
PROMOTIONS AND GIVEAWAYS AT-MATCH
MG MOTOR - WIN AN MG ZST!
MG Motor Australia are giving away the chance to win a brand-new MG ZST Excite at every home game!
If a batter hits the MG target in the crowd with a direct 6, one lucky fan will win the car!
Other awesome prizes will be given away if a Stars player smashes it into the MG Branded Bay.
Enter now for your chance to win: http://bit.ly/stars-MGZST
MELBOURNE STARS MAILBOX
While the Stars can’t hang out with the fans after the game, you will be able to drop off letters of support and drawings to the Melbourne Stars Mailbox, located outside Gate 3!
The best drawing will win some signed Stars merchandise, so get your creative juices flowing!
AUSSIE BROADBAND DECK
All of the fun stuff will be happening at the Aussie Broadband Deck located at M12, including Stars mascots Starman and Starlet, Banoffee's live performance, and the Stars MC!
Aussie Broadband customers could receive an exclusive seat upgrade into the Deck!
- Pennant Flags
- KFC Bucketheads
- Heart Sunglasses
STARS INFORMATION STANDS
If you have any questions on match night, visit one of the Melbourne Stars info stands located near Gate 1 or Gate 3 of the MCG on the outside concourse and we will help you out!