MATCH DETAILS - MCG DOUBLE HEADER
Wednesday 19 January 2022
Game 1: Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades
3.15pm - Gates open
3.25pm - Bat Flip
4.10pm - Match start
5.30pm - Innings Break
7.05pm (approx.) - Match concludes
Game 2: Melbourne Stars vs Hobart Hurricanes
7.05pm - Bat Flip
7.50pm - Match start
9.10pm - Innings Break featuring live performance by Running Touch
10.45pm (approx.) - Match concludes
All tickets must be pre-purchased online for this match. You can pre-purchase your tickets via Ticketek here.
Member Match Access
VIP & Premium Reserved Members: Access your Premium Reserved member ticket via 'My Events' in your Stars membership account here: https://strs.co/MyEvents
Other Stars Members: Redeem or upgrade your member ticket(s) online using your member barcode(s). Full details here.
Member Hub / Help
The Melbourne Stars membership hub is located outside Gate 3 of the MCG, and will be open from 5.30pm onwards on match night for membership sales and membership customer service enquiries.
PROMOTIONS AND GIVEAWAYS
AUSSIE BROADBAND HUB
Come and visit the Aussie Broadband team outside Gate 3 at the MCG for some awesome match day giveaways and your chance to show your speed on the fast bowl machine.
AUSSIE BROADBAND INNINGS BREAK RACE
Our Stars mascots will be racing the LED signage on behalf of some lucky crowd contestants for a chance to win some great prizes thanks to Aussie Broadband!
GENIUS CHILDCARE LIVE TRIVIA
Be watching the MCG Big Screen throughout the match for your chance to participate in a live trivia game thanks to Genius Childcare for a chance to win great prizes!
- KFC Bucketheads
- Aussie Broadband 4 and 6 Cards
- Pennant Flags
- Stars Green-Heart Sunglasses
- Stars Stress Balls (post-match only)
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE MCG
- NOTE: No cash accepted at the MCG. Make sure you pack your debit or credit card as the venue is now cashless.
- Pack a fitted face mask as we strongly recommend masks be worn where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- All tickets to the MCG are delivered digitally via Ticketek. You will need to download your mobile ticket before you arrive at the venue and scan into the MCG using your smartphone.
- If you have purchased tickets on behalf of others, you will need to forward tickets to the individuals attending within your group.
- Keep your bag or backpack to a size that can fit comfortably under your seat. Larger bags such as duffle bags, sports bags or suitcases will be required to be checked in to the cloaking facilities located at Gate 1 and Gate 3.
- Download the Service Victoria app to ensure you’re prepared for your arrival to the MCG and ready to scan the displayed QR codes on arrival.
COVID-19 HEALTH ADVICE
Please play your role in protecting the people’s ground by following these simple directions when visiting the MCG:
Please remember to wash or sanitise your hands regularly, using one of the MCG’s installed 275 Dettol hand sanitisation stations throughout the Ground.
Know when it’s time to bow out
If you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been advised to get tested by a contact, workplace or school, please get tested and isolate until you get a negative result.
Protect the head
Face masks are strongly recommended where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
Stay at least a couple of cricket bat lengths apart
For good measure, please stay 1.5 metres from one another.
Visit the MCG page for more COVID-19 advice here
If you’re planning to drive to the game, parking is available for $10 by EFTPOS only from these times at Yarra Park:
Gate 3: 3.30pm
Gate 5: 3.30pm
Gate 6: CLOSED
Gate 7: 5.30pm*
*Access via Gate 7 is restricted to accredited and disability permit holders only.
There are two train stations near the MCG – Jolimont and Richmond.
If you are travelling to the MCG via the Hurstbridge or Mernda lines, get off at Jolimont station.
If you are travelling via the Lilydale/Belgrave, Alamein, Glen Waverley, Frankston, Dandenong, Pakenham, Cranbourne or Sandringham lines, you can get off at Richmond station.
The MCG is a short walk from either of these train stations.
There are 3 tram routes that will get you to the MCG.
- Route 75 (City – Vermont South)
- Route 45/48 (Docklands/City – North Balwyn)
- Route 70 (Docklands/City – Surrey Hills)
Each of these tram stops is a short walk to the ground.
The Route 246 (Elsternwick – Clifton Hill) stops along Punt Road, which a short walk from the ground.
Taxi ranks will be available after the match, otherwise the ground is a pleasant 15-minute walk from the city. If you wish to hail a taxi, there are three ranks located near the MCG:
- Pullman Hotel (corner of Clarendon Street and Wellington Parade)
- On Olympic Boulevard outside Rod Laver Arena
- Jolimont Terrace
We can't wait to see you at the MCG. Go Stars!