The 19 year-old burst onto the scene with the Stars last season, taking 11 wickets in eight matches and building a cult following among Stars supporters.
On his re-signing, Lamichhane commented:
“It was great fun and a great experience for me last year and I can’t wait to join the Stars again.
“I would love to see all the Stars fans and especially the Nepalese fans supporting us again this year.”
Melbourne Stars List Manager Trent Woodhill said the re-signing of Lamichhane was not only exciting for the Club but for the BBL competition.
“We’re really excited to have Sandeep back at the Stars. He’s a young, energetic and talented leg-spinner,” Woodhill said.
“To secure his signature for the entire Big Bash season is a great testament to the level of the competition and we can’t wait to see what he produces this season working in tandem with Adam Zampa.
“He was definitely a fan favourite last season so it’s great that fans will have the opportunity to come and watch someone so exciting for the entire Big Bash campaign.”
Lamichhane’s signing follows the recent additions of Nathan Coulter-Nile, Hilton Cartwright, Clint Hinchliffe and Lance Morris who will all make the move to the MCG this season.
The Melbourne Stars will open their campaign against the Brisbane Heat on December 20 at Metricon Stadium with their first home match being played on December 22 at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe.