MELBOURNE STARS INTERNSHIP
The Melbourne Stars is again looking for enthusiastic INTERNS to join the Media, PR and Communications team for BBL|04.
Applying interns should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of sports media – in particular you will contribute content digitally and assist with the day to day running of the media and communications department for the duration of BBL|04.
This position provides the unique opportunity to be directly involved with the Melbourne Stars, one of the most popular KFC T20 Big Bash League teams. A club that lives up to its name both on and off the field, the Stars features some of the biggest names in cricket and sport.
The internship is suited to a current or recently graduated university students, preferably with a Journalism, Public Relations or Communications background with a passion and understanding for sport – especially cricket.
This exciting role offers hands-on experience working a flexible one-two days per week and at events and match days as required. This position is a three-month internship running from November 2014 to February 2015.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Production of online content, social media duties, interview preparation material, e-newsletters and collateral, press conferences, media monitoring, liaising with key stakeholders, assisting with match day media relations and administrative duties.
The intern/s will be based predominately at Melbourne Stars HQ in Jolimont and the Melbourne Cricket Ground. This is an unpaid position.
Before you consider applying for the internship, please ensure you fulfil the following requirements.
Key attributes for the position are:
- Comprehensive writing skills
- Strong work ethic
- Social Media experience
- A solid understanding of cricket - in particular Twenty20
- Ability to work under pressure
- Initiative, adaptability and ability to work independently
- Interpersonal and presentation skills
- Willingness to do a range of jobs with enthusiasm
- You have a background in Journalism, PR or Communications as well as a sound knowledge of social media.
- You will be available to work flexible hours in season (December and January.)
- You are available to work at all five matches in Melbourne on December 20th and January 3rd, 5th, 10th and 21st.
- You are not going away for a lengthy period between December 1st – February 1st.
- You are someone who is willing to live and breathe the Melbourne Stars/Big Bash League over the summer and make the most of the opportunity.
In addition to your CV and personalised cover letter, interested candidates MUST submit two examples of written articles completed in 2014.
The deadline for applications is 5.00pm on Monday 10th November 2014. Applications should be emailed to:
Thomas Dullard – email@example.com
Media Manager, Melbourne Stars